Stock Image: Stone Gray
We Invented Supersport Touring. Now We've Perfected It.
All-new for 2013, the FJR1300 sets the benchmark against which all other supersport tourers are measured. New state-of-the-art innovations include electronic cruise control, a traction control system, drive-mode that lets you select the performance character, meter panel design with advanced styling and function, and a new aerodynamic front cowling design for improved comfort on long distance rides. If you're serious about supersport touring, welcome to the head of the class.
• Meet the new 2013 FJR1300A, boasting lots of updates sure to grab the attention of many riders. The aggressive new styling features, including the headlight cowl and side fairing, are not only great looking, they also help improve comfort and aid in weather protection.
• Riders can now select D-mode (Drive-mode) for varying throttle mappings, giving the motorcycle exceptional versatility. This works in conjunction with YCC-T® (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) and the new intake/exhaust systems, generating engine character that can be sportier or more relaxed depending on riding situations.
• Traction control developed from MotoGP® technology is standard on the new FJR1300A. While engaged, the system detects wheel spin and adjusts ignition timing, fuel injection volume, and throttle opening to help maintain traction. The system is designed to let the operator ride on wet roads and unpaved surfaces with more confidence.
• Another new feature now standard on the FJR1300A for 2013 is cruise control. Riders can set cruising speed with the push of a button on the left handlebar to provide comfort and ease on extended road trips.
• A newly designed, three-part instrument panel provides riders with all the information they need while enjoying the road. Riders can easily customize the display to show the information they want.
• New LED front turn signals/position lights give the FJR1300A the modern, high-tech look sport touring riders want.
• A redesigned, pushbutton-adjustable windscreen and a thick comfy seat for two are perfect for comfortable, long-distance riding.
• FJR1300A includes a two-position adjustable rider seat, low for shorter riders or nearly 1-inch higher for a more spacious feel for taller riders, plus handlebars that can be adjusted to one of three different positions. The result is a superb, custom-fit ride.
New for 2013:
• The upper cowl is redesigned while the under-cowl has a new shape for increased wind protection. The under-cowl’s adjustable panel has a new design for rider convenience and can be adjusted without tools.
• The new adjustable windscreen improves rider comfort, the adjustment speed is now twice as fast and the screen holds its position when the key is turned off.
• The throttle body is redesigned, and the shape of the funnel and the shape and length of the exhaust pipe have been changed to use the new YCC-T system.
• The new Yamaha D-Mode system offers riders a choice of T-Mode or S-Mode. T-Mode provides good performance characteristics needed for touring. The S-mode maximizes the performance characteristics for a sportier ride.
• New cruise control adjusts speed via a single push to the switch or, for larger adjustments, by continuously pushing the switch. Application of the brakes, clutch or throttle automatically releases the cruise control function. There is also a “resume” function that returns the cruise control to the most recent setting.
• New handlebar switches on both the right and left control heated-grip temperature, electronic windscreen adjustments, and the instrument panel display. There is also a knob for headlight beam adjustment.
• FJR1300 features a traction control system to help provide smooth, consistent traction on wet road surfaces or unpaved roads for more rider confidence.
• The new dash and instrument panel offer modern styling with a three-part arrangement: an analog meter on the left, a digital speedometer in the center, and a multi-dot display on the right.
• The new fork design incorporates an aluminum piston rod and plunger and features a new spring rate. New rear shock damping and spring rate are revised for rider comfort, especially when riding with a passenger and/or rear cargo for a sportier ride.
• The engine’s cylinders feature a liner-less design with direct plating to the cylinder wall for superior heat dissipation.
• Compact, lightweight 1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine delivers power and torque for an unequaled spread of muscle over a wide rpm range.
• Engine is a fully stressed chassis member, allowing for a lightweight frame design.
• Slant-block engine design uses stacked, tri-axis gearbox shafts that help minimize powerplant size while optimizing chassis geometry for balanced weight distribution and great handling.
• Lightweight forged pistons with carburized connecting rods provide superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass for outstanding high rpm durability and performance.
• Advanced fuel injection system is ideal for long-distance supersport touring, delivering crisp, seamless throttle response in a variety of altitude/weather conditions.
• Low-vibration crankshaft with two gear-driven secondary counterbalancers help deliver an extra-smooth ride with reduced rider/ passenger fatigue.
• Four-into-one-into-two stainless-steel exhaust optimizes engine performance across the powerband.
• New, sharp-looking bodywork and air-management system keep the bike and rider cooler; a central vent beneath the instrument panel cools the rider and reduces negative pressure for less buffeting, and fairing side panels with tool-less adjustability let the rider direct airflow.
• Long swingarm provides even better ride and handling characteristics, and rear spring preload adjustment is a snap.
• Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons; the rear brake pedal activates two rear pistons and the other two front pistons — provides balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.
• Ergonomically shaped, large-capacity, 6.6-gallon fuel tank offers excellent comfort and range and is constructed of steel allowing for the use of magnetic tank bags.
• Rear frame with integrated grab handle makes lifting the bike onto the center stand a snap.
• Dual catalyzers and an O2 sensor are located in the exhaust for excellent fuel injection control range and low emissions.
• Heated grips come standard on the FJR1300A and offer riders even more convenience.
• Subframe-fitted quick-release luggage mounts provide easy use of the standard accessory hard sidecases, which are conveniently matched to the ignition key.
• Slim profile even with bags in place for excellent in-town maneuverability.
• New suede-look dual seat features two-part construction using different foam densities for the front and rear sections, ensuring plush comfort for both rider and passenger.
• Newly designed windscreen adjusts over a wide range for improved wind protection with little negative pressure.
• New sharp, “two-eyed” headlights with daytime LED running lights add to visibility and modern styling, and feature easy-access adjustment knobs so the rider can adjust the lights up or down.
• Glove box contains a 12V outlet for phones, GPS units, electric vests, etc.
• Standard tool kit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.